|About||Pathways||Meet the Team||Awards|
Denver Public Schools CareerConnect program offers students relevant courses that connect our scholars with industry partner companies and higher education institutions for hands-on workplace experiences and mentoring. The CareerConnect program equips graduates with high-demand skills and leads to opportunities for continued education and careers in Colorado’s highest-growth, highest-opportunity industries. Northeast Early College offers seven rigorous pathways in the areas of Audio Production, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Design, and Robotics. Northeast Early College scholars will also gain valuable real life experience where they can apply their learning through our internship and job shadow opportunities within each pathway.
Benefits of CareerConnect Classes
- Explore a Variety of Careers: Determine what you want to do before spending money on college or career training.
- Earn College Credit and Credentials: Take college courses while you’re still in high school! Students can apply earned credits toward high school graduation.
- Gain Real-World Experience: Many classes provide students with opportunities to participate in job shadows and internship programs.
- Qualify for Special Scholarships: Several DPS CareerConnect partner programs offer competitive scholarships or free training to DPS CareerConnect students.
- Make Professional Connections: Take advantage of partnerships with some of Colorado’s leading companies and higher ed institutions.
- Do Something Meaningful: Take engaging, relevant courses that will directly apply to your future career.
DPS CareerConnect is part of a nation-wide initiative to develop Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. For more information about DPS CareerConnect, visit DPS Career Connect.